Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year…

And a clean slate…

Every time I start a new journal or note book  I get a little excited by a fresh new page! Growing up I remember the joy of new school books…I always used my very bestest writing, but as the year progressed my writing would reflect my different moods, times when I was so excited about what I was writing it got quite messy(like my crafting corner;o)… sometimes when I was bored there wouldn’t be much to read, just a lot of doodling… sometimes it was just down right messy cos I just couldn’t be bothered! I wonder what this year has install…

I have been taking a wee blogging break… I have been enjoying the slower pace this time of year affords… I hope everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!Everyone was well and truly spoilt in our house!  I bought Stefan(DH) a new bass amp and we bought the kids a new piano/keyboard… we got rid of our old piano when we shifted here(18 months ago) as it had borer and the C key wouldn’t work! Hence there has been lot’s of jamming sessions around here… They want a set a drums now!

DSC_1976 (400 x 600)

The kids also got one other pressie each(from us)… the horsey girl got new jumps(made by Stefan), the surfie boy got new riding gear for his dirt bike… the Jester got a compound bow… and Lolly got a new tent and a rip stik… So maybe you are wondering what I got…

DSC_1956 (3072 x 4608)

Horsey girl and the Jester gave me these gorgeous Pip Studio cup and saucers… aren’t they beautiful! Surfie boy gave me a homemade voucher…for 1 hours help in the garden! I love it… very thoughtful! And Lolly got me some Flora tea, you can go here to have a look… I haven’t used it yet but I will! And she bought me my favourite gourmet Jelly beans! Stefan bought me a lovely new juicer that takes pride of place in my kitchen…

DSC_1960 (600 x 400)

Told you we were spoilt!

I have been slowly updating my blog and have finally started adding recipes to the Recipe Page at the top of my blog so don’t forget to check that out if you are interested… Right back to enjoying that slower pace for a few more days… I’ll be back soon to show you what I have been up to…

Blessings

Michelle

PS A big ‘Welcome’ to my new followers, you have been noticed!

6 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

"clean slate", new page...new books. I LUV refering to the new year...january 1st, as a clean slate. I really feel that way. I can shed the old mistakes and missteps. I can restart, renew and try again...all over again. =)

I LUV the smell of new books too!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Leeanne said...

OMG, I was the same at school...my writing, truth be told I'm still the same in that regard.
You were lucky with your pressies.

Raewyn said...

Happy New Year Michelle, glad you had a nice Christmas...sounds like everyone was happy with the gift giving :-) I like the thought of starting afresh. My writing at highschool was interesting as each year I seemed to try a different style - so I can almost look back at old script and know which form I was in by the style of writing I used!

Lis Harwood said...

Happy New Year and welcome back, what a great post. I love your comments about new notebooks. I'm ready to start a new quilting notebook and have a choice of three (because I love them and buy good ones when I see them), it's so exciting I can't even decide which one to use! Sounds like you all had a lovely Christmas, I love the words on the wall above the keyboard, did you do them? Many blessings for you all in 2012.

camp and cottage living said...

Michelle
You were, indeed, spoiled!
You know I love...the bird teacup
and saucer, of course. and all the other gifts will be useful for you.
I love to sit down & just go back through my old creative notebooks.
Sometimes I get re-inspired!
I enjoyed visiting with you in 2011 and look forward to 2012!

Nicky said...

Very belated Happy New Year to you Michelle! You were spoiled - and deservedly so :-)
Love the idea of a clean slate for the new year too......